*The store has not been updated recently. You may want to contact the merchant to confirm the availability of the product.
*CLICK ON IMAGE ABOVE FOR LARGER VIEW*
Mint Condition CD. Jewel case is a bit scuffed. All inserts included and in excellent condition.
Album: SEGMENTED PURITY: THE REMIXES
Release Date: Sep 25, 2002
Record Label: Hurly Burlies
Album Type: Full-Length CD
1. You Must Get Down (Livesexwerk Mix) - Codec - (with Codec & Flexor)
2. New Version Of You (Headache Re:mix) - Headache Of Ceoxime - (with hEADaCHE of CEOXiME)
3. Hot Tuesday (All Hell Breaks) - Freedom & Alex
4. Happiness Pie (The Warm, Bubbling, Flaky, Foreskin Crust Mix) - (with Nau-Zee-AuN)
5. Need (I Love This Feeling) (Wet444 Mix) - Ethan Eves - (with Ethan Eves)
6. Ballad Of Blake Owens, The (Legion UK Mix) - David Talento - (with David Talento)
7. You Must Get Down (Harvey's Revenge) - Rising!Man!Incinerator - (with rising!man!incinerator)
8. Shto Mi E Milo (Rock Mix, Meddle Mix, Elton's John Mix) - (with Jaysun, Shawn, Beenz & DJ)
9. Livesexactivate (Livesex-Re-Act-A-Mix) - Flavio Lemelle - (with Flavio Lemelle)
10. Happiness Pie (Partially Hydrogenated Mix) - Ukuphambana - (with Ukuphambana)
11. Need (I Love This Feeling) (Quadruple Espresso Mix) - Ethan Eves - (with Ethan Eves)
12. New Version Of You (U-Turn Mix) - Tom Peak / Illj - (with Tom Peak / illj)
13. Ballad Of Blake Owens, The (Ku Noigel Mix) - (with David Talento & Livesexact)
14. Leader (Gentlemen Prefer Coke Mix) -Pine Tree State Mind Control - (with Pine Tree State Mind Control)
15. Wreckage Inside - Pneumatic Detach - (with Pneumatic Detach)
Playing time: 69 min.
Distributor: CD Baby
Recording type: Studio
Recording mode: Stereo
SPAR Code: n/a
About the Artist:
M I S S I O N : Livesexact strives to return the energy, power & spectacle of live performance to the realm of electronic music, and to reformulate the band's relationship with its audience, so that, ultimately, everyone gets to GET DOWN!
O L D S C H O O L : Alex Westner, Freedom Baird & Stefan Agamanolis first met in 1996 as grad students at MIT's Media Lab. Freedom liked Stefan's poise. Stefan liked Alex's signal processing know-how. Alex liked Freedom's ass, and visa versa. Livesexact took shape in '97 when the trio was awarded a $6000 grant from the MIT Council for the Arts to develop a set of unconventional MIDI instruments including stuffed animal drums, body triggers, and astro-turf looping targets that allow them to play music and video simultaneously. Through continued gigging, Livesexact's distinct brand of electro-punk-dance-pop began to emerge. Later in '98, along with several other New England bands, Livesexact opened for EBN at the Salisbury Beach Multimedia Festival. Fun times in Salisbury led Livesexact to co-organize its own digital festival, dubbed Cubestock, at MIT's Media Lab, where they played to a packed house of technophilic freaks and geeks. In '99 Livesexact headlined the! Boston Cyber-Arts festival at The Middle East, shortly after which two of the band members got married in the woods.
N E W S C H O O L : Livesexact spent a year in '00 and '01 in and out of studios in Vienna, Austria and Cambridge, MA, developing it's much anticipated debut CD Upsetting Remedy, released in August, '01. Freedom and Alex then bid a fond & squeezy farewell to Stefan, as he commenced his mad scientist adventure in Dublin, Ireland. Shortly thereafter, Scott Schmitt and Amy Dattilo appeared out of a blue sparkly vortex called The Cellar, and slid seamlessly into the gap left by Stefan's departure. Hallelujah it's a gender-balanced band! During this time, Livesexact made kissy-kissy with Martin Atkins (Pigface, Ministry, PiL, etc.), who in '01 remixed Livesexact's "You Must Get Down." Their burgeoning relationship led to Livesexact's participation in Invisible Records' (now Underground, Inc.) first Notes From Thee Real Underground compilation, and an opening slot at the Roxy for the Boston date of the "Preaching to the Perverted" tour with Pigface, Gravity Kills & Godhead! .
A F T E R S C H O O L : Livesexact is now steadily gigging around New England, eliciting jaw-dropped wow's, grins & mailing-list sign-ups at each stop. Segmented Purity, a full-length, 15-track CD of remixes of Livesexact songs, as performed by local and international artists, hits the streets in September '02. Eye peeled & ear cocked for Livesexact on the road, Fall/Winter '02-'03.
Last year Livesexact invited 12 whip-smart artists from across the USA & Vienna to remix tracks from their debut CD, Upsetting Remedy. Segmented Purity is the response - a driving, breaking, drole, funhouse ride through an IDM, drum-n-bass, pop-collage playland!
*Please email me with any questions before purchasing. THIS PRODUCT WILL AUTOMATICALLY COMBINE SHIPPING AT CHECKOUT.
*INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTS please email me for shipping quotes to your country.
*If you wish to receive this item FAST, please email me for speedier shipping options & rates.
*Items under $25.00 do not automatically include shipping insurance. However, insurance is highly recommended to protect against loss or damage during shipping. If you would like to insurance, simply add $1.65 to the items price or email me for an adjusted invoice. Shipping insurance is not available for all international shipping options.
*This item is Returnable for Store Credit. Please see TERMS for full details.*